Friday 13 April 2012

Part Two: Layout and Typography.



I added the logo and font using the lasso tool to cut around each element.


I tried a few different layouts using the logo and typography of the . Examples Below.


 



I decided at this point to turn my design into a Horizontal design as this way I would be able to fit the logo ect onto the DM in a different way. Using a horizontal page I could fit the logo and name side by side which is a more aesthetically pleasing way. Also this is how BME layout the logo themselves and it helps to cement a direct link to their brand.      
Final Design for back of DM
 This is my final design for the back of my DM. I have moved the typography ’ Find answers at’ to the bottom of the page and it looked slightly odd at the top as there was no other similar type. Also at the bottom of the page it helps to draw the eye down to the website and phone number. By adding these to my design it shows the decoder a direct way of communicating with BME offering a platform for feedback and leaving the ball in the potential customers court.
I choses a san serif font as it helps to give a vibe that though BME is essentially a museum it isn’t in a traditional sense, Also it helps to tie together the logo and contact information as they are both then san serifs style fonts. Though I want the typography to flow together I did want there to be a distinction so that is why I used the font colour black rather than blue.
The images behind the type work anchor that the advertisement is for a music based service, without overpowers the text or making it illegible. 


No comments:

Post a Comment