Friday 6 April 2012

Development begins - Ideas.


For this project I have decided upon creating an advertising campaign for the British music experience and I have a few ideas of what it could be,

Idea one - Poster campaign.

This idea came when I was listening to the song ‘That’s Entertainment’ by the jam.
There would be a series of posters and the idea would be to have the phrase that’s entertainment at the top of the poster and underneath it , iconography from the different eras. So in total I would create 4 posters, one for each decade I have researched.
This idea came from the way in which generations argue over what is music and therefore entertainment, arguments that usually end with ‘That’s not music, it’s just noise’


Idea two – a direct mail.

This idea is came from the idea of exams papers, and at first I wanted to create something that looked like an actual exam paper., But when I thought about it I thought it was a little bit dry and boring. So I then changed the idea to be more just a question and answer sheet, with the question taking up the front of the page with iconography if the movement behind the typography. Then on the reverse of the page the ‘answer’ would read “find out at the British music experience”.

This is the idea that I am going to be producing and I have mocked up a basic idea of a design to test how they would look. (Below)


I feel that this test worked well and i will be continuing this idea.
The tyography i used here is a computer generated one and although it is a little bit more uniform and perfect - which isn't in line with punk ideologys-  then what you would get out of handgenerated means i feel that it works well as it looks proffesional and high quaility and therefore more fit for purpose. The colour i used is a light grey and i used this mainly for legibillity purposes and though id o like the way it stands out of the page i may change this in my later development.

Mock up of direct mail design idea.

1 comment:

  1. The poster looks great Sabine! Well done! The typography works really well in white to contrast from the background. You just need to include the logo.

    Make sure you are annotating all your development work with your thoughts on the type, imagery, colours, materials and how well you think your work communicates to its target audience. (Even if it's a test, just include your thoughts behind it. Do you think it works well?)

    Enjoy the rest of the holidays.

    ReplyDelete